I’ll be attending the 2010 online Facebook Success Summit that runs from Oct. 5th through Oct. 26th, 2010 and reporting on it right here on the Market It Write blog.
The list of presenters at the Summit is impressive and includes:
- Brian Solis: Author of Engage: The Complete Guide to Building, Cultivating and Measuring Success in the Social Web and principal of FutureWorks.
- Mari Smith: Co-author of Facebook Marketing: An Hour a Day
- Justin Smith: Founder of Inside Facebook, the first news site dedicated to covering Facebook for businesses, marketers and researchers. He is also author of The Facebook Marketing Bible.
- Jesse Stay: Author of multiple Facebook books, including I’m on Facebook—Now What??? and FBML Essentials.
- Michael Stelzner: Founder of SocialMediaExaminer.com and author of the book Writing White Papers: How to Capture Readers and Keep Them Engaged and the Social Media Marketing Industry Report.
- Paul Dunay: Co-author of Facebook Marketing for Dummies and Facebook Advertising for Dummies. He is also global managing director of services and social marketing for Avaya.
- Rob Birgfeld: Director of Digital Strategy at SmartBrief.
- Jay Baer: Co-author of the book The Now Revolution and a social media strategist, speaker, and coach for well-known brands including Nike.
Additional experts in the field of social media (and specifically Facebook marketing), as well as panelists and presenters from businesses, will be featured, including representatives from Intel, Cisco, Microsoft XBox, SAP and the Washington Redskins.
The Facebook Success Summit features a total of 16 online “sessions” over the course of 6 days. I plan to attend most of them and will be posting takeaways from each day’s sessions the following day along with a capstone post at the conclusion of the Summit.
How We’ll Be Covering this Event
Blog – Watch for updates on our blog throughout the month of October. I’ll add links to individual session takeaways to the bottom of this post, which can then act as a table of contents for our coverage of the Summit. My first Summit post is planned for Wednesday, October 6th, and will cover Brian Solis’ opening keynote, Why Facebook now?
Twitter – If you tweet, you can find additional coverage by searching with the Twitter hashtag that’s been set up for this year’s summit: #fbss10. Market It Write will also be tweeting during the event and you can follow us at @MarketItWrite
Facebook – We’ll also be posting updates related to the Summit on our Facebook page. If you haven’t already done so you should Like our page at www.facebook.com/MarketItWrite.
Market It Write Newsletter – You won’t want to miss the Facebook marketing insider tips that we’ll feature exclusively in our newsletter at the end of October. If you haven’t already subscribed to the Market It Write newsletter, we encourage you to do so now to take advantage of this free insider information. Just go to our home page and use the Sign Up box on the right side of the page and you’ll be good to go.
We hope you’ll follow along with us as we report on this exciting event.
Daily Session Takeaways
- Day 1 – Brian Solis’ Facebook Summit Keynote
- Day 2 – Fan Pages, Community Engagement and Facebook Advertising
- Day 3 – B2B Businesses on Facebook, Facebook’s Open Graph and Social Plugins, Picking the Right Facebook Strategy
- Day 4 – Supercharging Fan Page Engagement, Smaller Retailers and Advanced Facebook Promotions
- Day 5 – Facebook Page Analytics, Building Community with Blogs and B2C Big Brand Panel – Xbox and the Washington Redskins
- Day 6 – Facebook Event Promotion, the Future of Facebook and Bringing Your Brand to Your Customers with Facebook
- Capstone: 30 Key Takeaways from the Entire Summit