Constant Contact. My Emma. AWeber. iContact.
Email marketing services like these can be a business owner’s biggest ally. Not using one of them? Big mistake.
Are you still bcc’ing your customer communications? Or using an outdated application to send your messages? If so, you’re in the danger zone. This practice may cost you in more ways than you know.
Today I’m going to share why it’s beneficial, crucial even, to use an email marketing service for your customer communications:
- They protect you. You’re sending your email newsletter to hundreds or even thousands of people through your regular email server. A few people don’t like your message, and they hit their “spam” button. That’s you… blacklisted. An email marketing service provider takes on the role of intermediary. Without one, you run the risk of having your URL blocked.
- Performance tracking. When you don’t use an email marketing service, you send your messages into a black abyss. Did people get it? Did they click on links? You’ll never know. Email service providers have reports and stats. You can view open rates, and see exactly who is opening your messages and clicking on links. This can help you determine who is interested, which subject lines are working best, and which newsletters are producing the best results.
- Social sharing options. Some email marketing services make it really easy to share your communications with your Facebook, Twitter and blog audiences. How on earth could you socially share your old-school email message?
- Personalization. Adding your subscribers’ names to messages is a cinch, and it adds a personal touch. Much better than “Dear Customer.”
- Send now or later. If you’re going on vacation, but need to send a message to customers, you can schedule it. They get the message—while you’re on the beach.
- Quick & clog free. If you are still waiting around while your server unclogs, an email marketing service will save you time and vastly increase your efficiency.
- Grow your list. Email marketing services provide links that you can easily add to your website, blog, and social networking profiles so your prospects can sign themselves up. Your list can grow—and all the work is done for you.
- Anti-spam checkers. Some services employ anti-spam checkers that will help you ensure your message will actually get to your customers’ inboxes.
- Privacy protection & compliance. According to the CAN-SPAM Act, people must be able to easily opt out of email messages. Email marketing services do this for you. Plus, they keep data safe and secure, adhering to Safe Harbor Data Privacy principles.
- Manage subscribers & segment your list. You can have all your lists in one place, easily manage your subscribers, and send messages tailored to specific audiences. Segmenting your list—and writing for each audience—allows greater reader engagement.
Does it still seem like a good idea to bcc your customers? I certainly hope not. With the benefits email marketing service providers offer, the choice is obvious. Your customers will appreciate the professionalism and personalization. You will find the ease, accessibility and time savings priceless for your business, and totally worth it, especially considering how affordable the services are.
Which email marketing service do you like best? We’d love to know. Leave a comment.